- Needlepoint Kits
- Needlepoint Canvas
- Finished Needlepoint
- Tramme Needlepoint
- Preworked Needlepoint
- French Aubusson
1. Picture not centered: If the process of determining central point isn't noticed, the stitched picture is going to be lopsided. Therefore, it is of great importance to accurately find out the central point before starting out.
2. Chromatic aberration: This is quite often resulted by negligence. A preventive technique is to put different flosses orderly in accordance to color schemes on the design. In doing this, missed stitches may also be added immediately
3. Dye lot aberration: Dye lot aberration is a slight chromatic aberration resulted from yarns dyed in various lots. Therefore flosses from different lots ought to be used separately. This issue is more apparent in rectifying incorrect stitches, particularly bottoming in a large area, by threads from another lot. When threads are running short, artists should refrain from using threads from separate batches in the same position.
4. Uneven surface: This is usually resulted from three reasons: threads are loosely drawn, tails of thread are not tucked neatly, or tails are pulled out accidentally in maintenance. In such cases, more practice on fundamental skills will be helpful.
5. Bared foundation: This is what usually happens to newbies. It may also be caused by excessive stretching pressure. The key is to regulate the force while pulling a thread. In general, more force should be applied when bring up the needle than inserting it down. Those who have a tendency to draw too tightly should pay special attention to this issue.
6. Unevenly distributed pulling strength and particles unfilled: Particles unfilled will certainly reduce the gloss of the work.
7. Skipped to numerous stitches on the back (figure 5-12).
8. Unsightly stains: Needlepoint work is very easily stained by bird waste (if produced in open-air) or beverages and snacks. As a result, tea and beverage ought to be kept a long way away from the canvas. Scribble around the edges of linen can be forbidden. Clean hands before stitching. Snacks and food aren't allowed at work. And the canvas ought to be covered by cloth when the work is paused.
9. Keep basis straight.